Family atmosphere providing Quality child care & Preschool
Interested in learning more about us?
Why should you choose the Education Center?
The location of the facility offers easy access to and from Route 7 with a traffic light at the entrance of our driveway. Because our building is nestled on beautifully landscaped grounds this offers children of all ages the opportunity to hear the birds in the Spring, run on the grass in the Summer, and build large snow people during the Winter months. The large playgrounds are fenced in to provide a safe area for children to play on age appropriate equipment through out the entire year. Each entrance into the building is securely locked and may only be entered with the knowledge of individual security codes.
The educational opportunities that we offer children are of the highest standards. We have spent countless hours devising a curriculum based on State and NAEYC (National Association for the Educaiton of Young Children) guidelines; thus giving children the opportunity to learn through a variety of avenues. Children are individuals and all learn at a different pace. At the Education Center we recognize this and make it our "job" to ensure each child is able to explore those avenues. We make a strong effort to keep you informed of your child's day and all events taking place at the center.
Since the center opened its doors in 2000, we’ve treated every family as though they were a part of our family. Other childcare centers in the area may offer similar services, but our services are the best, and come with a personal touch.
You can access the following websites to learn more about our curriculum:
What do our parents say about us...
“Choosing childcare is often one of the most difficult decisions new parents can make. From the moment we stepped into the Education Center, we knew this was the place for our daughter. The staff cares about each child and spends the time getting to know their personality, schedule, likes and dislikes. We are confident in knowing that from the minute we drop off our daughter to the moment we pick her up that she is being taken care of in a safe and comforting environment. We enjoy her Sunshine reports every evening which tell us how her day went, what kind of activities she enjoyed, and even her smiles and giggles get included!” – Priscilla W., mother of an infant and toddler
"My husband and I chose The Education Center because it offers a safe and friendly environment, knowledgeable staff, and daily opportunities for our children to grow academically and socially. The activities that are offered accommodate the many different learning styles of children. As a certified teacher in Connecticut, I was overjoyed when my son became excited about learning while he was having fun! Since both of my children have been going to The Education Center, I have seen them grow academically and socially, while becoming excited about learning and having a great time!" -Lori C., mother of a toddler and schoolager
"The Education Center is an amazing place since you started making great changes! You always put children and parents first. Thank you for your kindness and always giving us a smile. Muchas Gracias!!" -Dilicia R., mother of a preschooler
Our center offers your family the following programs...
- This program provides a Parent-caregiver partnership based on mutual respect and the understanding of individual child's needs.
- Daily activities for infants encourage cognitive and socialization skills, along with fine and gross motor development.
- Toddlers engage in activities to foster literacy/language development, math/science exploration, sensory and art experiences.
Ready Set for Kindergarten:
- Preschool aged children are offered a half or full day innovative preschool program
- This program offers a structured and creative curriculum that focuses on Kindergarten readiness. Areas of focus are language, literacy, self help skills, communication, mathematics, gross/fine development, science discovery, character building, dramatic play, and more!
Before and After School Care:
- School bus service to and from all elementary and intermediate New Milford public schools
- We are open during school vacations, school closings, and early dismissals
- Homework time provided in a quiet setting with free tutoring offered from former certified teachers
- Enrichment activities planned on a daily basis to include: Science, Cooking, Journalism, Dance, Art, Sports, Drama, and Social service
- Large fenced in playground for out door play and a variety of activities are offered to children each day.
- Our summer program offers a variety of options for all types of family needs. We offer full time and part time summer programs including half day enrichment camps.
- This summer will be packed with Enrichment programs to include music and dramatic arts, Science exploration, Sports, the Wonders of Water, Nature and more.
- We will offer Field trips, special guests, and events
The mission of the Education Center is to provide quality child care and educational programs to children six weeks through twelve years. Every effort is made to coordinate services with the public school system and meet the needs of families through flexible scheduling. We provide developmentally appropriate practices in a loving and nurturing environment so that children can grow physically, emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, and morally while in our care.